Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Quick holiday baking adventure update

i've been calling them meringue cookies but that's deceiving as there's no real cookie. meringue candies is probably more appropriate? followed this recipe, and here's how they turned out.

IMG_2146

More on the flickr page.

I think i can call them a success! They take a long time to make though. I wanted them for Christmas which was a Friday but wouldn't be home Christmas Eve. So I made the meringue Tuesday and baked them. The recipe says let them sit in the oven over night, so I did. Then Wednesday I came home and dipped them in chocolate and crushed peppermint, then let the chocolate harden over night. These cookies were nearly 3 days in the making!

It was the first time i used my cake decorating set and first time i used a pastry bag ever! I made a mess... Come to think of it, it was the first time i ever made meringue too. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone else make meringue before! My piping skills are a little sloppy, but I'm pleased with how they came out considering!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails