Birthday Apricot Granola
Adapted from Bake it Pretty
4 cups rolled oats
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup hulled sunflower seeds
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup molasses
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 cups chopped dried apricots
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix oats, nuts, and seeds together in a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer.
- Separately whisk together oil, molasses, salt, brown sugar and nutmeg.
- Stir wet and dry ingredients together until well mixed.
- Spread the granola evenly between the 2 pans.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, stirring granola and rotating the pans at least every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven when it’s evenly golden, and allow the granola to cool completely in the pan.
- In a large bowl, mix granola pieces with the chopped, dried apricots. I had to split this into two large bowls to mix in properly!