Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Eggless Lemon Ice Cream

Whatever September, tell me when fall really gets here, I'm still making ice cream.

Lemon ice cream

This is eggless lemon ice cream and it's ridiculous easy and quick because you don't have to heat the cream. I found it odd the recipe I followed instructs you to place it in the fridge after the sugar dissolves to let it cool down... My heavy cream just came out of the fridge...in fact that's the only way to keep heavy cream I understand... So maybe I missed something, but even if I did this came out great!

(Eggless) Lemon Ice Cream
Adapted from C&C Cakery

2 cups of whipping/heavy cream
1 cup of sugar
2 lemons worth of zest (about 1/4 cup)
4 lemons worth of juice (about 1/2 cup)
  1. In a metal bowl, combine the cream and sugar.
  2. Using a hand mixer on low, slowly dissolve the sugar (don't actually whip the cream, use a wire whisk if you have to instead)
  3. Add zest and lemon juice while whisking slowly.
  4. Process in an ice cream maker according to manufacturers instructions OR use this method if you don't have an ice cream maker!
Lemon icecream

Eggless lemon ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails