This made about 30 mini donuts. Also the glaze came out a little thin and I had to re-dip them. Although it's possible they could not have been cooled all the way, so just in case, don't add all the milk to the glaze at once! Add it little by little to make sure you get the right consistency!
Also I always use a piping bag to fill the pan with mini donuts. A spoon just won't cut it, so if you don't have real piping bags do the trick with a zip lock bag instead. I pipe in a somewhat thick "layer" of batter into the bottom of each cavity. If filled too much they won't look like donuts after they rise!
Brown Sugar Maple Glazed Baked Mini Donuts
Adapted from Glorious Treats
For the donuts
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Spray mini doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add buttermilk, egg, and butter and stir until just combined.
- Pipe the batter into your donut pan with a piping bag or zip lock bag with the end snipped off.
- Bake 4-6 minutes or until the top of the doughnuts spring back when touched.
- Cool in pan 1-2 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
For the maple glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons milk1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons pure maple extract
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar, milk and extract until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Make sure donuts are completely cooled, then use glaze immediately to dip the donuts.
- Place on baking sheet until glaze is set