Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

epic mitten win

For the past year or so I've been trying to make a decent pair of mittens. the patterns i've tried have always sucked, or i make the way wrong size, but when i saw these mittens in crochet today while in starbucks, I immediately bought the whole issue.

Looking at it closer, I realized it was in something called tunisian stitch, which i'd never heard of in my life. So, I would go ahead and just learn it. I had some links online but this book was the most helpful! It was a Christmas present from Niki, so thank you thank you!


It was slow going for awhile, plus I've never cross stitched on anything in my life either. I got better at it by the time I got to mitten number 2 though! And by the time it was time to seam them up it sort of rushed through it. But at the end of the day I like them! They fit and they turned out well and I wear them! ::gasp::

More mitten goodness to follow...



More crochet adventures on Flickr!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails