Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mango Sorbet

Well, I made some mango sorbet. And I'm not too sure how I feel about it!

Mango sorbet

It's yummy...refreshing, has a nice mango flavor. Texture is pretty good, not frozen solid. :o)

Except for me, I do not like biting into a slice of mango. The flesh is made up of all these fibers, it's a very fiberous fruit in texture...if that makes sense. I really don't like that!

So I knew that going in, but I went ahead and pureed up my mango and in the end, well, it still has these fibers in it...I'm wondering if I can strain it? On the plus side, it was SO easy to make, I'll certainly try it again, and let you know how it goes!

Mango Sorbet
From Razzle Dazzle Recipes

1 cup sugar
3/4 cup water
2 ripe mangoes, about 1/2 lb. each
Juice of 1 lime
  1. Combine the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over low heat.
  2. Whisk until the sugar dissolves completely and the syrup is clear.
  3. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
  4. Cut the mangoes and remove as much pulp as you can
    Before you try this, I encourage you to check out this step by step guide to cutting a mango...I wish I had...
  5. Juice your lime
  6. Combine the cooled syrup, mango pulp and lime juice in a blender or food processor.
  7. Blend until completely smooth
  8. Cover and refrigerate until cold
  9. Process in an ice cream maker according to manufacturers instructions
    OR
    If you don't have in ice cream maker, but you do have some time on your hands, you can try this method, which I've used successfully for sorbet!
  10. Transfer to a freezer safe container and store in freezer!


Mango sorbet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails