I used my special cookie cake pan and this recipe from bakerella. I have a giant bag of white and blue M&Ms that I used as well, I had no red...but it didn't affect the taste. ;op
If you don't have a giant cookie cake pan, I'm sure you can use a normal round, or any shape for that matter, metal pan and have a giant cookie that tastes just as good!
Ginormous Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
Adapted from bakerella
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup M&Ms, chocolate chips, your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and the sugars using a mixer until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add the flour and mix until combined.
- Stir in your M&Ms
- Transfer cookie dough to the pan and spread out evely until the bottom of the pan is covered.
- Bake for about 30 minutes (Note: I really think this depends on your pan. The recipe I followed used a very shallow pan and specified 8-10 minutes. Cookie cake instructions specify 30 min and that's what worked for me. Let the depth of your pan be your judge)
- Remove and cool.