I think the pearl sprinkles are a nice touch too, they remind me of champagne bubbles! Also the Chambord adds the slightest purple tint to the frosting!
Cham Cham Cupcakes
For the cupcakes
Adapted from gimee some oven
Yields around 30ish minis
1 cup plus 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup strawberry champagne
3 egg whites
Pink food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a cupcake pan with liners.
- In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Mix in the champagne.
- In another clean bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Begin folding the egg whites into the batter. Add your pink food coloring as you fold.
- Fill the cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Adapted from Ming Makes Cupcakes
1/2 stick butter
1 1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoon confectioners sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 cup milk
1/16 cup Chambord plus extra to taste (without wrecking consistency, btw I halved the recipe here, 1/16 is sort of silly to measure, you can just eyeball it)
- In a saucepan, melt butter at low temperature.
- Add vanilla and milk to melted butter in mixer and beat at low speed until combined.
- Add confectioners sugar and beat until smooth.
- Mix in Chambord, starting with the 1/16 cup. Slowly add to your taste, being sure the consistency of the frosting holds up and doesn't get too soupy.
- When ready frost away and eat!