Anyway, that's the reason I made these muffins, I needed to use up some buttermilk. Plus I'm still trying to bake some healthier treats for grab and go breakfast in the morning.
These muffins came out moist and tasty. I used frozen raspberries and peaches, but you can substitute any fruit you like really, frozen or fresh. You may just need to bake them a little longer if you use frozen like I did!
Peach and Raspberry Buttermilk Muffins
Adapted from Joy of Baking
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1/2 cup coarsely chopped frozen peaches
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line muffin pan with liners.
- In a mixer, whisk together the egg, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla extract.
- In another large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gently stir in dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Careful not to over mix.
- Gently fold in the raspberries and peaches
- Fill each muffin cup almost full
- Bake in oven about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.