Pages

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Peach and Raspberry Buttermilk Muffins

I don't know why buttermilk never comes in any size less than a 1/2 gallon. At least I've never seen it if it does... Who needs that much buttermilk?

Anyway, that's the reason I made these muffins, I needed to use up some buttermilk. Plus I'm still trying to bake some healthier treats for grab and go breakfast in the morning.

Buttermilk peach raspberry muffin

These muffins came out moist and tasty. I used frozen raspberries and peaches, but you can substitute any fruit you like really, frozen or fresh. You may just need to bake them a little longer if you use frozen like I did!

Peach and Raspberry Buttermilk Muffins
Adapted from Joy of Baking

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
3/4 cup buttermilk
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1/2 cup coarsely chopped frozen peaches
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line muffin pan with liners.
  2. In a mixer, whisk together the egg, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla extract.
  3. In another large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
  4. Gently stir in dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Careful not to over mix.
  5. Gently fold in the raspberries and peaches
  6. Fill each muffin cup almost full
  7. Bake in oven about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
  8. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.

Butttermilk peach raspberry muffin

Peach raspberry muffin inside

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Marilyn! I didn't know they made such a thing! I'll have to look for it, after I use up what I have! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails