Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

ginger chocolate brownies

Dave and I were going to a Sunday afternoon bbq with co-workers. I gave him a choice of thai tea cupcakes, tri-color cookies, and ginger brownies, and he picked ginger brownies with fresh ginger root. :oD

Ginger and chocolate seems to make so much sense and not a lot of sense at the same time. They seemed like they'd pair so well I wondered why I haven't seen more ginger and chocolate treats, so maybe it didn't make that much sense? But that can't be right, they must be amazing.


Before I baked these up I ended up throwing a little bit more ground ginger in it to make them more gingery but was afraid of putting too much. In the end Dave recommended more ginger as well. So more fresh grated ginger next time.

Here they are before they went in the oven.

And here they are after! Mine didn't get crackley on the top, but they still tasted good and were a success at the party! They're super chocolately and delicious and more are in baking adventures set on flickr!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails