Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Zucchini bread mission

Dave really likes zucchini bread, and he brought back a giant zucchini from his friends place in upstate NY so I figured we'd better do something with it.

My mom and grandma gave me two recipes for zucchini bread. One was hand written, we don't know where it came from, and they other was from a weight watchers cook book. Apparently the mystery source recipe hadn't been turning out so well. It was too difficult to get out of the pan, it would stick and fall apart. So I tried the weight watchers one instead. What an awful idea. I don't know what it was but it wasn't zucchini bread. In fact I'm not even going to post a picture of it, I'm embarrassed. But I guess I can link to it here. Sad.

So I went searching and came across this recipe for "Mom's Zucchini Bread" that had good reviews. I still had more than enough zucchini left so I tried it out. And the results were really good!


Very moist and tasty, came right out of the pan with no problems!


It also has chopped walnuts in it which I was was going to skip, but don't! They were really good in it too!

Btw, it has a whole cup more flour than the "mystery" recipe that was too moist to come out of the pan. Huge difference. Would definitely make it again!

I had even more zucchini left over, so was going to try out these zucchini spice cupcakes with caramel frosting...but the days got away from me, so I'll have to save them for next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails