Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

My first molded chocolates!

For Christmas my mom got me a petit fours pan that came with instructions on how to make chocolate raspberry truffles. I'd been watching chocolate weekend on food network and was inspired to give them a try.

I didn't want to spend money on fancy ingredients, since it was very possible these could fail completely. So I just got some Wilton milk chocolate melts and decided to give it a go.

I used these instructions for the method and used this recipe for the ganache that I modified. I skipped simmering the cream with the vanilla bean and the espresso power and just went ahead and melted the chocolate and cream together, then stirred in a ton of caramel sauce for a chocolate caramel ganache center. :oD

My first chocolates!

Since I misplaced the instructions that came with the pan I did my best too google how to prepare a metal pan which is where I made my first mistake. I sprayed it with cooking spray which was just silly, don't do that.

So they didn't quite want to unmold (I had to use a fondue fork to coax them out) and once they did they were dull and pitted from the spray...duh. But they all did come out they were tasty! In the end I powdered them with cocoa powder to hide their imperfections. :o)

Dusted with cocoa

Takeaways are that while these were good, they were giant chocolates and I will stick to petit fours for this pan...which I'll have to google... Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails