Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Baking Party - Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

Sometimes I try to bake something different or trendy, or something the boyfriend will like. And he's not too into sweets so it's sort of a losing battle. But when I was invited to a baking party I wanted to make something I liked! That would also be a crowd pleaser as well. Chocolate with peanut butter or chocolate with mint topped the list, and chocolate peanut butter won.

I have a few recipes bookmarked but really if I'm baking to suit my own tastes, this is the recipe I was going to go for.

Chocolate cupcake with Reeses peanut butter cup inside & peanut butter frosting

I made it two thirds of the way there, we never made it to the chocolate shell, we just ate them. If I was baking at home I would have, so this one will reappear one day. But there was so much food already!

These are chocolate cupcakes with a Reeses peanut butter cup baked inside, topped with peanut butter buttercream frosting. This frosting makes you want to die. It was the most incredible, indulgent cupcake ever. And I'm all about serious desserts, and even I think this was intense.

Here's the story via photos:

Chocolate peanut butter cupcake pre-bake

Naked chocolate peanut butter cupcakes

Amazing peanut butter frosting

Holy chocolate peanut butter...

Yum!

These chocolate peanut butter cupcakes also just joined Sweet as Sugar Cookies' Lisa at her sweet treat link party, btw. Lots more over this way!

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, what a sweet surprise to find hidden inside a cupcake. These must have been really good to the last bite. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cupcakes up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/03/sweets-for-saturday-8.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails