While these are on the healthier side they're still made with a bunch of brown sugar (delicious) and while it's not butter, there's a lot of oil in there... But definitely make them! They're yummy! Here it goes:
Oatmeal Pecan Muffins
Adapted from Divine Baking
Yields around 1 1/2 dozen regular size muffins
2 cups flour
1 cup oatmeal
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 cup oil
1 1/2 cups yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup dried currants (or raisins, or other dried fruit. or optional!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with papers. Or, coat the muffin pan with cooking spray, your choice.
- Mix together flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, cinnamon and ground cloves in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a mixer combine eggs, oil, yogurt and vanilla. Slowly mix in dry ingredients.
- Stir in pecans and currants.
- Spoon into lined or unlined muffin pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack before turning out.
- Store in air tight container at room temperature.