Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Mini Maple Angelfood Cupcakes

These are like little maple clouds from heaven.

So tiny! maple angelfood cake

They weren't for an occasion, I just made them randomly one night. They also call for maple glaze, which I didn't make. But you definitely should, it will lend to the mapleyness of them.

In all the baking blogs I read, and shows I watch, and this current cupcake craze that has taken over, I can't say I've ever seen an angelfood cupcake. Well I googled it and of course I'm not the first to think of it. So good! It can be done, here's the recipe!

And here are my findings:
  1. Cake flour doesn't exist. Do I really need to order it? And why use it when you can just use 1 cup of all purpose flour minus 2 tablespoons (1c – 2tbsp)? Turned out great.
  2. USE CUPCAKE WRAPPERS. This is not the first time this has happened to me baking cupcakes without wrappers. Although the cake is baked perfectly on the inside, it's the the pan singes the cake outside and it gets burnt. :o( These photos are from the minis with wrappers that worked out perfectly.
  3. Minis only needed 11 min to bake!
  4. Make the maple glaze. Delicious and sweet with a hint of maple, but if I didn't tell you it was in there, you might not know.
  5. If you're too lazy to cover them and wrap them and just put them in a big baking dish and put them back in the oven, tell the boyfriend if he takes them out to use the oven, the oven has to cool before he can put them back in there. :o/ My own fault...

Mini maple angelfood trio

The cuteness factor is a lot of the appeal here, but you need to eat like 12 of them to feel satisfied. ;o) Here's one last perfect little bite of maple angel goodness.

Mini maple angelfood cupcake, unwrapped

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails